It’s no secret. Technology is my passion. Our small business relies on technology to expand our capabilities and respond quickly to customer requests. This helps us stay competitive. However, the more I learn about technology, the more I realize there is still much to learn.
Technology reminds me, on some level, of why I chose to work in human resources. It is always evolving and changing. It is always improving. It can be difficult to keep up with all of the acronyms and terms that technology changes at such a rapid rate. This is why I created the “Everything HR Needs…” series on HR Bartenders. These articles will help you quickly grasp the technology and its business implications.
These articles are not my first. Here’s a list of the top 12 technologies you should know if you haven’t looked them up lately.
- Artificial Intelligence – It has become an integral part of the HR world today. What is Artificial Intelligence (AI), and how can we benefit from it? Experts explain how to use it.
- Blockchain– This technology has many benefits if it is used correctly. Find out why HR should pay close attention to this technology.
- Chatbots It’s no surprise that chatbots are now a major part of HR. They are being used in onboarding, recruiting, and employee engagement.
- Cloud Computing The cloud (or cloud computing) has permeated almost every aspect of HR technology. Kronos, our friends, shared all the information we needed.
- Digital Transformation– Digital transformation means changing the workplace. Paycom shows that HR must embrace the strategic benefits technology offers.
- Enterprise Resource Planning Brian Sommer, TechVentive, shares his knowledge about an ERP and how it compares with a human resources management system (HRMS)
- Experience Management – Qualtrics XM, our friends from Qualtrics, shows you how experience management (XM) uses operational data and experience to improve and measure business initiatives.
- Human Capital Management – Bill Kutik, Technology columnist shares all HR should know about the ever-growing and confusing field of human resource management.
- Internet of Things – This is the latest technology term for HR professionals. It stands for Internet of Things. It’s all about connectivity, but it’s so much more.
- MachineLearning – Machine learning is rapidly becoming an important data tool for HR professionals. What is machine learning, and how does it differ from artificial intelligence (AI)?
- Prescriptive analytics – Technology is a tool that can make HR more efficient. Prescriptive analytics is one example. O.C. Tanner demonstrates how prescriptive analysis works in HR.
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) – SaaS – software as a service – is a term we’ve all heard before. What is SaaS? HR Direct experts explain everything you need to know about SaaS.
- User Experience, HR professionals don’t have to create software. However, they should be familiar with the user experience of the software. Martin Hartshorne, Ultimate Software, explains everything HR should know.